How Did A Stranger Message Me On WhatsApp?
How To Prevent Strangers From Messaging You on Whatsapp
Got a text from someone you don’t know on WhatsApp and it made you feel kinda icky? No sweat, you’ve got the power to shut that down. Let’s put up that “No Trespassing” sign on your WhatsApp with some easy fixes.
Fix 1: Blocking
Fix 2: Two-Step Verification Feature
Worried about hackers getting cozy with your WhatsApp? Let’s build a digital fortress around your account with two-step verification. It’s like having a secret handshake with your app.
Here’s how you set up your WhatsApp to ask for a special six-digit PIN (think of it as a secret code) when you or anyone else tries to open your WhatsApp on a new gadget:
- First things first, open up your WhatsApp and tap on the Settings cogwheel. It’s like opening the door to all the behind-the-scenes action.
- Next, you’ll want to tap Account, then find Two-step verification. This is where you start laying the bricks for your fortress.
- Hit Enable, and it’s time to pick your PIN. Make it something you’ll remember, but not your birthday—be more sneaky than that.
- You can also throw in an email address. It’s like a backup key to your fortress in case you forget your PIN.
Once you’ve got this all set, anyone trying to mess with your WhatsApp on a new phone will need your secret PIN. It’s like they’re trying to get into a club, but you’re the bouncer, and you only let in VIPs (Very Important PINs).
Fix 3: Adjust your Privacy Settings
Want to make sure random people can’t snoop on your WhatsApp vibes? It’s all about tweaking those privacy settings. Let’s walk through locking down your digital space like a boss.
- Fire up WhatsApp and tap on the three dots that are chillin’ in the top right corner of your screen. That’s your ticket to the control panel.
- Tap on “Settings” from the menu that pops down like a secret compartment.
- Head over to “Account” and then take a leap into “Privacy.” This is where you get to pull the curtains on your WhatsApp stage.
Here’s the magic you can work with:
- Last Seen: Decide who gets to know your WhatsApp curfew. Is it everyone, just your crew (My Contacts), or no one at all? Your call.
- Profile Photo: Who gets to see your smiling face? Make it public, keep it to your buddies, or go incognito.
- About: Your mini-bio is yours to share. Handpick your audience.
- Status: Craft your own VIP list for who can see your status updates. Keep it open, friends-only, or just for you.
- Blocked Contacts: Check out the list of people you’ve given the digital cold shoulder. You can manage who’s on there, too.
When you click on each option, you get to pick your crowd: Everyone, My Contacts, or keep it to yourself with Nobody.